Parent or guardian in UK for international students under 18

All international students at UK School who are under 18 must have a parent or guardian during their studies in the United Kingdom. The guardian must be appointed by parents before the student arrives in the United Kingdom.

Guardians may be a family relative or a family friend who is over 21 years of age and resident in the UK. However, guardian agencies in the UK can also provide the service with a charge.

UE can provide support and advice to the student and are responsible for the following:

  • Arranging travel to and from the UK in conjunction with the parents
  • Arranging travel to and from the school
  • To be contactable at all times and ready to deal with any immediate problems or emergencies as they arise.
  • To notify the school of any change of address or other information concerning the health, well-being and welfare of the student.
  • Finding a Host family at half term
  • Providing details of leave arrangements
  • Taking responsibility for a student during an emergency
  • To be the link between parents and school.  
  • Term visit
  • Report translation 


Share United Education: